Use and Care of Your New Tempur-Pedic Bed
- Use of electric blankets or heating pads
- Mattress pads and covers
- Cleaning the cover
- Cleaning spills
- Flipping and rotating
- Folding during moving
- Transporting or storing
- Using the mattress handles
All Tempur-Pedic products are easy to care for and virtually maintenance-free. If you have questions about your Tempur-Pedic product not covered here, please contact us.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Care
ELECTRIC BLANKETS OR HEATING PADS
Tempur-Pedic does not recommend using an electric heating pad or electric blanket with your mattress. The mattress is temperature-sensitive, so adding heat may affect the bed's ability to respond properly to your body's temperature and shape. If you ever find it necessary to use an electric blanket or heating pad, Tempur-Pedic recommends limiting use to no more than 30 minutes on low or low-medium heat.
MATTRESS PAD AND COVERS
Tempur-Pedic does not recommend using a conventional mattress pad or mattress cover with your mattress. This adds another layer between you and the TEMPUR material, reducing its ability to respond and conform to your body. If you decide to use a mattress protector, Tempur-Pedic offers its proprietary MattressProtector which is designed to perform with your Tempur-Pedic without hindering the mattress's responsiveness.
CLEANING THE COVER
The covers on many Tempur-Pedic mattresses can be removed for washing. If you are not sure whether your mattress cover is removable, please refer to the tags sewn into the cover or call our customer service number (979) 836-3689 or (800) 640-3689 during regular store hours.
About washing the cover
Tempur-Pedic recommends a cold temperature setting for machine washing and a cool setting for machine drying. Air-drying is best. Do not "over-dry" the cover and do not use chlorine products or harsh stain removers of any kind.
If you spill liquids on your mattress, please take the following steps. Because the mattress should never become wet, we cannot promise that these steps will completely remove a stain or odor.
- If your mattress has a cover, please remove it and wash it in cold water with a mild detergent, and hang dry for best results. Never use bleach or bleaching products on the cover.
- After the cover has been removed, soak up as much of the liquid as possible using towels. This may require pressing down on the mattress with the towel(s) to release the moisture.
- Once excess moisture is removed, let the mattress air dry. To speed up the drying process, place a fan so it blows on the mattress.
- Never wash the TEMPUR material.
- TEMPUR material should never become wet. Tempur-Pedic offers a special wet-safe cover to provide extra protection against liquid spills.
- Do NOT wash or Dry Clean the TEMPUR-Topper Supreme. The cover can be removed and washed in cold water, dried on a cool setting or (preferably) air dried.
- Never use chlorine or harsh stain removers.
FLIPPING AND ROTATING
Each Tempur-Pedic mattress uses the manufacturer's patented, one-sided design which means you'll never have to flip, rotate or turn it. The TEMPUR material will return to its shape year after year.
FOLDING DURING MOVING
If you need, you can fold your Tempur-Pedic mattress to make it easier to move. Fold it with the TEMPUR side (top) in.
About folding and cold weather
If the mattress sits in cold weather (below 50 degree F) folded, do not try to force it to lay flat. It may take a few hours, depending on the temperature of the room, but the mattress will naturally unfold as it warms up.
USING THE MATTRESS HANDLES
The handles included on some Tempur-Pedic mattresses are for positioning purposes only--not for carrying.